You know how people always say, “The easiest way to a successful blog is to download the checklist above and then attend the FREE webinar and Q+A Happy Hour that Regina is putting on this Thursday evening.”? It’s such a common phrase nowadays. Surely you’ve heard it. UPDATE: There’s now a recording of it, so don’t worry if you missed it.
So, what is Sophisticated Blogging: The Free Q+A Hangout Happy Hour?
- an informal, live Google+ Hangout on Air (that you can watch the recording of here–perhaps just skip my first two minutes of sound/technical issues)
- on Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 9 p.m. Central (which happened here)
- in which I
will answer all youranswered questions on growing your blog traffic with social media
- and in which I used the worksheets below, so you can still download those and follow along if you’d like
The topics of discussion are:
- how to create a share-ready blog
- the major social media myths that could be killing some of your social game
- a “secret” tool I use to see which posts/links are most clicked in my sidebar and all over my site (pictured below–UPDATE, I didn’t get to this and the feature is Google Analytic’s In-Page Analytics)
- how Google+ can be used to grow your blog (thanks for that question Caylee)
- whether to give up on your Facebook page or not, and how to just start out with a Facebook page if you’re establishing one now
What you need for the Sophisticated Blogging Happy Hour:
- the “share-ready blog” checklist
- the Sophisticated Blogging Worksheets – Episode 1 (that you’ll fill in during our Happy Hour)
- a pen
- some coffee, wine, or the drink of your choice
And lastly, why is it called “Sophisticated Blogging,” Regina?
Because I wanted an excuse to dress up, pour a glass of wine, and talk in my British accent. Totally normal.