The Guide to Creating an Epic Info Product: The #3DayCreate Challenge
Hi. I feel like I know you. Angry tweet me if I’m wrong. Consider accepting my challenge if I’m correct. >>>
You’re smart. You’re a learner. People ask you questions about things a lot. You don’t mind answering + explaining because you love to help. You’re even thinking that you might want to create:
- an eBook
- a digital workbook
- an email course
- a webinar or seminar
- a live class
- an online class
- a printed book
You want to package your information and perhaps sell it from your blog, or from Amazon.com, or you may even want to give it away to people who sign up for your email list.
But, creating a product like this is intense. It takes like a million years, right?
Not right. I’ve never liked that myth and we (the fabulous people who receive emails from me every week and I) decided to create a challenge, specifically:
The 3-Day Create
Though you can complete it on your own time, we’re taking three days this weekend (since some of us have the Labor Day holiday) to all create different products. Seriously. You can see us already talking about it over here on Twitter.
— Melissa (@DIYMelissa) August 27, 2014
You’re not getting hung up on this whole “only 3 days?!” thing are you? I told you about the time that I wrote a mystery novel in 3 days, right? No? Remind me to tell you about it one time.
How about now? Now is good for me.
I once wrote a mystery novel in 3 days. And it was possible because I had a plan, an inspiring contest, and hundreds/thousands of people across the world doing it with me.
Was the novel any good Regina?
But you’re missing the point.
And that is:
So, to inspire you, guide you, and motivate you through #3DayCreate, I developed a 57-page PDF workbook. There are checklists, worksheets, lessons, and prompts to guide you through the process of creating an eProduct (any digital product) or physical information product. You don’t need the workbook in order to join us in creating. Feel free to block off time and just go for it with us.
The 3-Day Create was born out of my desire to show that even in a small amount of time, we can accomplish amazing things, when we have a plan and some organization and are willing to do the WORK.
Materials you’ll need:
a product idea
the workbook (if you want it for guidance)
preferred: your computer and Internet connection
optional: pack of note cards or Moleskine notebook
— Keizra Tyson-Griffin (@vidaluxestudio) August 27, 2014
— Feast + West (@feastandwest) August 27, 2014
So, the workbook includes:
- a 3-Day Create Checklist for creating a product from start to finish
- a suggested schedule for Day 0, Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 (Day 0 is your prep work)
- a section to help you define your audience
- an activity and formulas to help you write your product’s mission statement
- some exercises to help you outline and research your product
- instructions on writing your product intro and conclusion
- instructions on creating a style guide for your product
- info on, and examples of, how you can use Canva to create your own cover image
- guidance on breaking down your product into sections and completing it (writing or shooting the videos for it)
- lessons on pricing (but you can also offer the item for free if you wish)
- info on tools to help you sell your product
- guidance on developing a launch plan
- AND more
Do something epic.
Top blog post photo: Amanda Large